Our Hygiene Concept
A healthy environment for your carefree holiday at the Hotel Villa Schuler
Our comprehensive Hygiene Concept was developed in compliance with the legal requirements of the Italian National Government and those provided by the Italian Hotel Associations. Beyond all legal requirements, we have introduced further measures based on current scientific findings.
Our staff as well as the hotel management are all fully vaccinated and regularly medically checked.
All our employees and the entire hotel management have been comprehensively trained and certified on measures against the spread of the coronavirus, especially with regard to the hotel sector. Our hygiene officer is Christine Schuler in cooperation with our external partners, the Institute Training Services SRL, the ISO 14001 certification institute So.Gest Ambiente, our HACCP supervisor Dott.ssa Maria Angela Russo and our company doctor Dr. Salvatore Abbate, as well as with our Product Manager and the heads of the Housekeeping, Food&Beverage, and Maintenance departments.
In the event of changes in the official regulations, our new procedures will of course be adapted immediately, both if stricter measures are introduced and also if the rules in force will be relaxed.
To make you feel completely comfortable and well-protected, on arrival you will find a perfectly cleaned and disinfected room.
- Before your arrival, your room has been subjected to intensive cleaning with chlorinated and alcoholic agents.
- As a special service which goes beyond the legal requirements, we subjected your room to a professional OZONE generator treatment shortly before your arrival (no chemicals). This ensures that all materials in the room, as well as the entire room air and the air conditioning system, are disinfected (killing viruses, bacteria, and molds as well as carcinogenic and allergenic microorganisms).
- The disinfection of our individually controlled air conditioning systems is carried out fortnightly.
- All hotel linen, from sheets to towels, is washed in our in-house high-tech laundry at high temperatures and with detergents that guarantee the absence of viruses.
- The small refrigerator in your room was also disinfected before your arrival. It is not equipped as a minibar, also for hygienic reasons. You can buy the drinks of your choice at our bar or cool your own drinks there.
- We ask for your understanding that we will suspend our usual daily turndown service in the early evening until further notice, in order to reduce contacts.
- We also ask for your understanding that we are currently unable to offer our in-house laundry service for private guest laundry. Of course, we will be happy to organize outsourced alternatives for you.
The disinfection and purification of our common areas
- Our employees regularly disinfect all frequently used contact points throughout the building, such as door handles, handrails, elevator buttons, water taps, public toilets, etc.
- The reception, the breakfast area, and the kitchen are being sanitized continuously with highly efficient air filter machines, using ActivePure® Technology, proven to reduce RNA and DNA Virus to 99,99 percent and certified by the NASA Space Foundation.
- Hand disinfection stations are available for you and for our employees at central points in the hotel.
You have the choice: you can reserve Room Only and/or select different breakfast options and book them along with your room. We offer a high-quality breakfast and our ambition is to constantly improve our service, to propose to our guests both a wide selection of Sicilian specialties as well as to meet the expectations of our international clients.
Full breakfast served à la carte at the table*
Our extensive à la carte breakfast is served on our spacious breakfast terrace, in the breakfast room, or in the Palm Terrace Orangery. A large selection of freshly prepared meals and plenty of space.
2 rolls, or toast or 1 croissant, butter, 2 kinds of jam, 1 juice, and 1 hot drink of your choice.
Fruits and cereals**
Fresh fruit salad, muesli, cornflakes or porridge, milk and/or buffalo yogurt, 1 juice, and 1 hot drink of your choice
* Iconic Full Breakfast at Villa Schuler has always been a particularly well-liked and enjoyable start to the day. And we want it to stay that way. Fortunately, the hotel has many outdoor tables on the palm terrace with sea view.
** The Continental Breakfast and the Fruits and cereals breakfast types can be served also in-room
- We serve our breakfast à la carte at the table. We have always done this at Villa Schuler – also for hygienic reasons. Your breakfast will be freshly prepared for you in our HACCP-checked breakfast kitchen in compliance with the highest standards of hygiene. We do our best to serve you as quickly as possible, but we ask for your understanding if your individually composed breakfast, freshly prepared to order, requires the time of preparation it takes.
- To enable you to place your order without having to contact a menu card, we will also provide you before your arrival with a link so that you can easily download our breakfast menu onto your smartphone. At the reception and at the table you can also download the menu by QR-Code.
- The tables in our breakfast room, the Orangery, and on our extensive Palm Tree Terrace have been rearranged so that a comfortable minimum distance is always guaranteed.
- China, cutlery, and glasses are washed hygienically at high temperatures in professional dishwashers.
Our multilingual reception staff is always ready to answer your questions, give advice or tips, organize transfers and excursions or make restaurant reservations for you. The reception is open 24/7. We try to work as contactless as possible for your protection and that of our employees.
- The reception is being sanitized continuously with a highly efficient air filter machine, using ActivePure® Technology, proven to reduce RNA and DNA Virus to 99,99 percent and certified by the NASA Space Foundation.
- As far as possible we carry out a low-contact check-in and check-out. For this purpose, we will send you a link with our reservation confirmation/before your arrival. Please use this link to send us your home address and photos of the relevant pages of your identity card/passport before your arrival.
- Protective screens at the reception counter make sure that direct contact between guests and staff is avoided.
- Card payment devices are disinfected after each use.
- We kindly ask you to always leave your room key at the reception when leaving the hotel. It will be disinfected each time by our reception staff.
- The surface of our reception desk is frequently disinfected with an alcohol solution of 75%.
- The handles of our (rarely needed) rain umbrellas are disinfected with a 75% alcohol solution before and after each use.
We wish you a relaxing holiday at the Hotel Villa Schuler. For any questions and suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.
Christine, Gerhard and Andrea Schuler, and team
Hotel Villa Schuler, Taormina, Sicily
Updated: January 10, 2023. Subject to change without notice.